Wednesday, January 30, 2008

[That's your answer for everything!]


So since there is a gaming-sized void left in my life until I get my xbox back, I picked up Paper Mario the other day, a game which I had somehow forgotten about since I purchased a Wii. I tell ya what, its a funny game. Within the first 3 minutes there was a scene where Luigi got his turn to shine, and it was just absolutely hilarious. Poor Luigi.

Overall I'm enjoying my time with the game. I haven't played a "Mario RPG" since the Seven Star Saga (which was amazing), so this whole hit points and items in a Mario game has thrown me for a bit of a loop, but I'm getting used to it. The game is a weird crossbreed of action/platformer and RPG since all attacks happen in real time Mario-fashion, but underneath it's all based on a RPG system.

Its hard to explain. Anyways I'm enjoying it, and I think its worth a rental for casual fans, a purchase for anyone who really likes him some Mario. (Or her, lets not be sexist. Although I think in literary circles it is considered proper to use "him" inclusively. Or maybe I made that up)

Anyways the comic today got boiled up in my brain from all the Smash Bros malarkey thats been going on the nets recently. Pew Pew Pew!

TTFN
-Kid C

No comments: