Wednesday, July 11, 2007

[Hump Day]



So the other night after I got myself all jazzed up thinking about Resident Evil, I decided to pop the second movie (I had just borrowed it a few days ago) in the ole DVD player and give it a spin. And man.

I mean, wow. I remembered that the movie was terrible, but I didn't recall it being a radioactive beacon of crap that could be seen from space. I mean, wow. You would think that the different storylines that the games have had might make decent movies. But we must be mistaken seeing as the intrepid movie makers decide to just do their own thing. And man thanks Hollywood, I knew you hated games, but Resident Evil: Apocalypse is a monument to it.

It is an interesting partnership indeed, with both camps seemingly despising the other. Movies keep giving birth to craptacular games, and games are fodder for some of the worst cinema this side of Bedazzled. Off the top of my head, the only actually good conversions I have ever witnessed would be Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, most Lucas Arts games, and maybe the Silent Hill movie, which still wasn't that great but at least nailed the heart of the games.

The comic today is based off my decision to go back and play through the Halos to properly prepare myself for Halo 3 and to remember more of the storyline. If I remember correctly there was some kooky stuff going on in there.

TTFN
-Kid C

No comments: